When searching for how often you should replace your windshield wipers on the internet, you may find many answers from varying sources and may not be certain which information is correct. As wipers are an integral part of safe driving, it is of utmost importance that you are aware of what to look out for that will indicate if your wipers need to be replaced.
There are several indications that will alert you when your windshield wipers need to be changed, such as but not limited to:
- With everyday use, wear and tear, and even the weather can cause your wipers to become less effective over time. Experts recommend that you replace your wipers every six to 12 months.
- When the windshield blade reveals rubber that has hardened and or cracked due to exposure to elements.
- The wiper edge loses its sharpness. This results in your wiper causing water to smudge across the windscreen.
- The old/worn rubber of the blade does not move quietly across the windscreen.
- Should your wipes start skipping, vibrating across your screen due to varying weather, or your vehicle being parked too long. It is time to get new ones.
- Windshield wipers are manufactured using rubber, which becomes less effective over time. Inspecting your wipers regularly should become a habit.
Lastly, don't ever be tempted to use dishwasher liquid to wash your windscreen wipers. It may seem cost-effective, and harmless however in the long run it ruins the rubber blades, giving them a shorter life span.
If you notice any of the signs mentioned above, then you need a windshield wiper replacement, we invite you to bring your vehicle to Pro Auto Care today!