Here at Pro Auto Care, we understand how difficult times are among the outbreak of COVID-19. Our government has urged us all to stay home and practice social distancing to prevent the further spread of the virus and protect the health of those who are at risk for severe reactions to the virus.
Many businesses have shut their doors and many people in our community are working from home and taking care of their kids who are out of school due to school closures. Staying inside can cause the infamous "cabin fever" especially considering that we can't go to the gym, mall, or other public places to get out of the house.
What does social distancing and shelter in place orders require? Social distancing means not meeting up with friends or family that do not live in your immediate household. It also mandates against large groups and more than a certain amount of people in an area. You are also advised to keep at least 6 feet of distance between you and other people while visiting stores or healthcare centers. Shelter in place orders require you to self-quarantine and only leave your house when picking up essentials for your household, going to work, or checking on an at-risk family member.
With all of these regulations requiring you to stay home, we want to share some of our tips on how to remain active and productive while practicing social distancing and staying home:
- Get out of the house and go for a walk outside at least once a day to get some fresh area. Remember the 6 feet distance rule.
- Give yourself a list of chores to complete, and try to get one done a day. This is the perfect time to take care of those cleaning items you've been putting off for months.
- Take care of any car services or repairs that your vehicle needs. Pro Auto Care remains open to serve you and is taking the proper precautions to protect your health during this time.
- Take up a new hobby or indulge in an old one. We have seen people getting back into puzzles, painting, drawing, writing, and decor making among many others.
- Start reading again.
- Start a side hustle. Find something that you are good at, and do research on how you can make this side activity profitable.
- Go on a bike ride or take your dog for a stroll.
- Do an at home workout - YouTube is your friend.
- Volunteer for a local food bank if you are not ill.
- If you are out of work temporarily, consider applying for a job in an essential industry. Many places are currently hiring!
We hope that some of these ideas will spark some inspiration for you and get you feeling productive again. We know that these uncertain times can be scary for most, but together we can get through this. If you need any car care performed, don't hesitate to give Pro Auto Care a call today!