When your car starts to make strange noises or vibrate heavily, it’s usually never a good sign. Your vehicle is a complex working system, and when it starts to work abnormally, it’s your car’s way of telling you that something isn’t right. Certain noises can indicate specific problems depending on where they are coming from.
Vibrations can stem from a number of different areas, such as a brake system or suspension system problem. As soon as you notice something off with your vehicle, give the experts a call here at Pro Auto Care in Denver, CO. Our ASE certified technicians are experienced with all makes and models of vehicles and will quickly determine the source of the problem to get you back on the road safely.
Some common noises include:
- Squealing, screeching, or grinding when you brake
- Sputtering or rattling exhaust noises from under the car
- Chirping or squealing noise from under the hood
- Humming, growling or roaring noise when driving
Before you bring your vehicle into our shop, it is important that you note down exactly what you are experiencing, and when. Understanding when and why your vehicle is making a strange noise or vibration will help our experts figure out where the problem is stemming from. For example, if you notice a loud grinding noise when you apply the brakes, this is usually an indicator that your brake pads are worn out and there is metal-to-metal contact. It is important to pay attention to the symptoms and to have your vehicle checked out right away if you notice anything irregular.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Where is the noise or vibration originating from?
- What is the weather like outside?
- Have you just started driving when you noticed these symptoms or has your car been running for a while?
- What time of day do you usually hear/feel these symptoms?
- Can you make it happen on demand?
- What can you do to replicate the problem?
Vibrations can be caused by a couple of different components. If you notice that your vehicle is only vibrating while accelerating, this can sometimes point to an exhaust leak. A shaky steering wheel during driving is a major indication that your vehicle needs a wheel alignment. You may also notice that your vehicle is pulling to one side. Vibrations when you apply the brakes can oftentimes point to warped rotors.
Regardless of what you may be experiencing, be sure to note your symptoms and let our experts know exactly what you hear and feel. Our Denver auto repair shop has advanced technology and computer diagnostics to accurately diagnose your vehicle the first time around.
If you need car diagnostics in Denver CO, bring your vehicle into Pro Auto Care today!